Time picker with enddate relative to startdate

Hi All,

This might be a stupid question but here goes..!

We have log data within Elasticsearch that I want to summarise in a visualisation so that it gives me the count of records from 0800 yesterday until 0800 today.

Ideally I'd like to do this without the user having to change both 'start' and 'end' on the time picker. For example have it set as follows:

Start Time (Absolute): 2021-12-02 08:00:00
End Time (Relative): Start Time + 1d

This doesn't appear to be possible from what I can see - relative time can only be calculated against 'Now' time.

Is what I'm looking for possible?

Cheers.

Hi Steve, please file a suggestion github issue at Issues · elastic/kibana · GitHub and please link its url here too.

If you have a support contract, please ask for an enhancement request.

Note: we're planning to add zooming and panning in a 8.x release, and panning retains the window width as set by a previous zooming, is it something that'd also meet your need?

Thanks for the response @monfera - I've opened this issue in GitHub: Allow date picker to have relative dates to start/end rather than 'now' · Issue #121167 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

This is not a significant issue at all, just something that would be handy to be able to do in certain cases.

Thanks,
Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.