Kibana issue with relative and absolute range combination

Elasticsearch Platinum: 7.16.1

Hi!

We recently found out that when we use relative as start date and absolute as end date it doesn't work as intended.

For example when I select relative start date "14 days ago" and absolute end date "Dec 4, 2021..." it will show only 4 days of data not 14 days from Dec 4th.

It seems like it ignores the absolute option and uses only "from now".

Is it how it is supposed to work?

/Angelos

Hi
Yes, the ~14 days ago means 14 days ago from now, so it's not related to the absolute date you've configured. it should work like suggested in this issue, right?

Best,
Matthias

1 Like

Hi @matw,

Exactly! There are many situations in our cluster that we need to set a specific period of time from a starting point. This would facilitate the procedure of calculating a large number of days when using an absolute in both start and end dates.

/Angelos

Yay! I raised the GitHub issue around allowing relative dates to absolute start/stop values and wasn't sure if it was just me that this was a problem for...!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one @Angelos, even though at the moment there's not any solution...!

Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.