TimeLine as Weblogic Flow Trace

Hi all!

I'am trying create APM monitoring on weblogic soa server.

It's working ok, agent is connecting, information retrieve, but that's not what i want.

Weblobgic EM has a function, Flow instance -> Flow trace

can I do something like this in APM?

Hi @TidalPoo ,

I'm not familiar with Weblogic EM/SOA, but it looks like Flow Trace here is very specific to Weblogic. Does it behaves more like a message-driven framework (like Kafka/JMS), or more like a request/response lifecycle where each would be instrumented as a transaction ?

We don't have automatic support for this, but you could still use APM agent + our Public API to create transactions programatically by using any hooks that Weblogic could provide (if there is something similar to Filter in Servlet API, that's a good candidate).

HI @Sylvain_Juge
thank you for your answer

How can I configure the agent to commit a transaction based on a specific ID in the metadata? Any doc? weblogic has a flow ID, and I want to make a timelilne based on this ID, and not by classes and methods

Unfortunately, this is not possible, but what you can do is to capture the Flow ID with a label Public API | APM Java Agent Reference [1.x] | Elastic

So, while the trace itself will remain "as it was executed and captured by the agent", you can build correlation between the Flow ID and the Transaction/Span ID.

Also, if using log correlation feature, you can inject the Trace ID into the application logs. I need to check if we can also use tags here to allow injecting both Transaction ID and the Flow ID directly into logs.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.