Timelion charts vs Visual Builder

Hi, i need to build a time series to correlate data like in Timelion or Visual Builder, however i'm finding some dificulties.

in the data i have for instance fields: groupfield, metric1, metric2, metric3
I need to graph a line by each metricN and group by groupfield

I found the followind problems:

1. With Visual Builder even if i put a label por each metric, it does not show, in the labels i get the value for groupfield, i would like to customize the label to include for instance "Groupfield: value", i can do it with timelion
  2. Either with Timelion and Visual Builder, i cannot split the chart into several charts, one for each groupfield. In a Line Visualization you can split series and split charts, but you dont get the ability to correlate data as with the other options.

Has someone got into the same problem and solved it?

thanks

Hi @mtudisco
You are right, Timelion, Visual Builder and Line Visualization are three different visualization editor to achieve different use cases.

Let me start from number 2: unfortunately there is no way to create a small multiple configuration on Timelion and Visual Builder. For those you have to create or duplicate the visualizations with different parameters. In Line Visualization you can split charts, but I'm not 100% on what you mean by:

but you dont get the ability to correlate data as with the other options.

number 1:In visual builder, if you use the group by function, the series name will use the value of the field you grouped by. If you need a different name you can maybe use a scripted field with the name format you are looking for.

Thanks Marco for your reply.
with

but you dont get the ability to correlate data as with the other options.

i mean that when with visual builder and timelion, you put those charts in a dashboard, when you put the mouse over any of them you see a vertical line con the time you are going over on all the charts.

Unfortunately this feature is not yet available in Line Visualization

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.