Timelion filter data by hour

Hi, I have the following problem, I need to compare the data of the current week with the past one, but the data I have to retrieve are only the ones that are between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
I tried with range(), but I get the error that the code is incorrect, If somebody have a clue how to accomplish this to track me to the correct path it will be appreciated.

regards

Could you send a screenshot or copy/paste in here what you've got so far, and we can go from there? Thanks!

sadly I didn't save the timelion, but what I want to do its something like this:
.es(q="@timestamp:[2017-01-01 TO 2018-02-11]")

but with hour instead like

.es(q="@timestamp:[10:00 TO 14:00]") but it doesn't give any result

Hi Rodrigo,

something like that is not possible in Elasticsearch. If you want to filter out for specific hours of the day, you need to either create a scripted field, that extracts the hour of the day from the actual @timestamp date field - but scripted fields won't work in timelion!

Even better - and faster - if you know you need to access these values for querying, you need to extract them before indexing, i.e. let your index infrastructure create a field, hourOfDay, that contains that numeric value. That's the only way how you can filter for those.

Cheers,
Tim

Ow what a pity

@timroes thanks for the quick reply, and to give me a clue on how to circumvent this particular problem.

Thanks

Rod

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.