Timestamp not taking from logs

(Harish) #1

I use to copy logs from server to local machine and I mapped log path as a local path in logstah.conf.
Now i can able to see indexes and the log has been updated in kibana successfully, but the issue here is in Kibana its showing timestamp as my local time stamp but I want to use a timestamp which written inside my log file. Is there any way to pick timestamp from log file? Please helps me with this.

(Jon Budzenski) #2

Can do, there's two options:

1. turn off date formatting. Management -> Index management -> find the date field -> click the edit icon on the rightmost column, select format as "string"
  2. change the configured timezone. Management -> advanced settings -> dateFormat:tz

(Harish) #3

I did option one but not difference still it showing timestamp when the logs moved to my local folder not the one written inside log.

(vinothine) #4

In the configuration file you can match the date which is inside the file and remove the timestamp field
for e.g
filter {

date {
match => [ "timestamp", "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" ]
remove_field => ["timestamp"]
}
}

you have to specify the time field inside the log file.Please refer

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-filters-date.html

(Jon Budzenski) #5

Thumbs up to ^. I'd check to make sure where this is happening, it looks like something at the ingest layer may be parsing the timezone. If you take a look at the raw json in your index curl -XGET evbooking-2018.07.09/_search you can see what it looks like without Kibana in the way.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.