Too many buckets exception error in dashboards

Hi all ,
I'm trying to fix the below too many buckets exception error

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"too_many_buckets_exception","reason":"Trying to create too many buckets. Must be less than or equal to: [10000] but was [10001]. This limit can be set by changing the [search.max_buckets] cluster level setting.","max_buckets":10000}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed"

The have following issues:

1. IF i increase max.buckets in cluster settings from 10,000 to 30,000, then error disappears ,but dashboard loads very slowly. I want dashboard to load fast.
  2. If I try to decrease aggregation buckets in kibana visualization from 1000 to 100, then error disappears but all results are not shown. I want to show all results.
  3. I'm using 5 shards for the index and I cant mess with this as it is important data.
  4. this error is displayed for time range of 30 days and i want to display data for 30 days.

Need help to overcome this error.

Can you share the exact configuration of the visualization causing the problem? What are you trying to visualize?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.