[TOO_MANY_REQUESTS/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)]

Hi,

I too am receiving this error like others. I know that I can fix it via the _settings endpoint:
PUT /_all/_settings {"index.blocks.read_only_allow_delete": false}

But, I have not run out of diskspace. I have lots of space available. The message clearly says: too many requests. But actually, there were not. When I cleared the flag, the problem did not repeat. UPDATE: the problem repeats. All indexes seem to be with a problem now. It is a cluster problem as the exception below shows
UPDATE 2: I currently configured the watermarks: https://stackoverflow.com/a/34221506/3208034. still not sure why there are TOO_MANY_REQUESTS thrown and why the watermarks shout when there plenty of room in the disk.

How can I troubleshoot this? Is there some kind of threshold or configuration where I can review and modify this?

Partial stacktrace:

org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchStatusException: Elasticsearch exception [type=cluster_block_exception, reason=index [myindex] blocked by: [TOO_MANY_REQUESTS/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];]
         at org.elasticsearch.rest.BytesRestResponse.errorFromXContent(BytesRestResponse.java:177)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.parseEntity(RestHighLevelClient.java:1888)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.parseResponseException(RestHighLevelClient.java:1865)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.internalPerformRequest(RestHighLevelClient.java:1622)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.performRequest(RestHighLevelClient.java:1579)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.performRequestAndParseEntity(RestHighLevelClient.java:1549)
         at org.elasticsearch.client.IndicesClient.updateAliases(IndicesClient.java:437)

Look for log messages from the DiskThresholdMonitor as they will explain why this block is being added.

I noticed in the logs the alerts on the watermarks being high, which is why i configured them (see UPDATE2 above). the message TOO_MANY_REQUESTS is misleading.

@ewolfman did you solve this?

Configuring the watermarks did solve it. However the error message is misleading ("TOO_MANY_REQUESTS").

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.