Totally new at ELK need a super fast start

Hi there!

Im totally new at ELK and I need to gain knowledge ASAP to start super fast at light-speed.
My intention is to use it similarly and in comparison with other solutions as splunk, alienvault, etc..
I dont know if ELK can correlate and generate alerts or it is just usefull for log search. So, could it be a sustitute of a SIEM correlator ? (Security event manager and correlator)
Are there VM for vmware already available to download and start playing/learning with them ?
Videos ? for me are much better than a book because it is more practical and much faster than books.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks !

I dont know if ELK can correlate and generate alerts or it is just usefull for log search. So, could it be a sustitute of a SIEM correlator ? (Security event manager and correlator)

It probably won't be sufficient for all needs within that area.

Are there VM for vmware already available to download and start playing/learning with them ?

I don't know of any VM images, but there are definitely Docker images available on DockerHub.

Videos ?

There are numerous videos available on elastic.co and you'll find many tech talks on e.g. YouTube.

You can use ELK for correlation of events, especially with TimeLion.