Troubles starting kibana.service after the upgrade from 6.8.22 to 7.14.2

Hi,

I have the following errors when starting Kibana:

Jan 20 03:22:59 myserver kibana[30701]: Cannot update parameter [index] from [true] to [false],
Jan 20 03:22:59 myserver kibana[30701]: FATAL  Error: Unable to complete saved object migrations for the [.kibana] index. Please check the health of your Elasticsearch cluster and try again. Unexpected Elasticsearch ResponseError

I have tried this 7.12.0 upgrade migrations fail with timeout_exception or receive_timeout_transport_exception · Issue #95321 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!
P

This is more detailed version of the error message I receive;

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2022-01-20T08:57:12-05:00","tags":["fatal","root"],"pid":21219,"message":"Error: Unable to complete saved object migrations for the [.kibana] index. Please check the health of your Elasticsearch cluster and try again. Unexpected Elasticsearch ResponseError: statusCode: 400, method: PUT, url: /.kibana_7.14.2_001/_mapping?timeout=60s error: [illegal_argument_exception]: Mapper for [visualization.uiStateJSON] conflicts with existing mapper:\n\tCannot update parameter [index] from [true] to [false],\n at migrationStateActionMachine (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrationsv2/migrations_state_action_machine.js:172:13)\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)\n at async Promise.all (index 0)\n at SavedObjectsService.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/saved_objects_service.js:164:7)\n at Server.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/server.js:274:31)\n at Root.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/root/index.js:55:14)\n at bootstrap (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/bootstrap.js:98:5)\n at Command. (/usr/share/kibana/src/cli/serve/serve.js:224:5)"}

Ping... :slight_smile:

Solved.
If nobody helps you help yourself.
Deleted all .kibana indices, restarted the kibana.service and Kibana UI is accessible.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.