Troubles starting kibana.service after the upgrade from 6.8.22 to 7.14.2

Hi,

I have the following errors when starting Kibana:

Jan 20 03:22:59 myserver kibana[30701]: Cannot update parameter [index] from [true] to [false],
Jan 20 03:22:59 myserver kibana[30701]: FATAL  Error: Unable to complete saved object migrations for the [.kibana] index. Please check the health of your Elasticsearch cluster and try again. Unexpected Elasticsearch ResponseError

I have tried this 7.12.0 upgrade migrations fail with timeout_exception or receive_timeout_transport_exception · Issue #95321 · elastic/kibana · GitHub, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!
P

This is more detailed version of the error message I receive;

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2022-01-20T08:57:12-05:00","tags":["fatal","root"],"pid":21219,"message":"Error: Unable to complete saved object migrations for the [.kibana] index. Please check the health of your Elasticsearch cluster and try again. Unexpected Elasticsearch ResponseError: statusCode: 400, method: PUT, url: /.kibana_7.14.2_001/_mapping?timeout=60s error: [illegal_argument_exception]: Mapper for [visualization.uiStateJSON] conflicts with existing mapper:\n\tCannot update parameter [index] from [true] to [false],\n at migrationStateActionMachine (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrationsv2/migrations_state_action_machine.js:172:13)\n at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)\n at async Promise.all (index 0)\n at SavedObjectsService.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/saved_objects_service.js:164:7)\n at Server.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/server.js:274:31)\n at Root.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/root/index.js:55:14)\n at bootstrap (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/bootstrap.js:98:5)\n at Command. (/usr/share/kibana/src/cli/serve/serve.js:224:5)"}

Ping... :slight_smile:

Solved.
If nobody helps you help yourself.
Deleted all .kibana indices, restarted the kibana.service and Kibana UI is accessible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.