TSVB Markdown

Hi,

Do you know how to create a scroll to top button with tsvb markdown in kibana using CSS ?

Hi,
you can apply stying to any elements which appear within the Markdown Visualization itself. To figure out the CSS selector to use, I'd recommend clicking on the element that you'd like to style in your browser and choosing "Inspect". This will open up your browser's dev tools, which shows you the HTML structure of the specific element that you've clicked on. This should hopefully provide you enough information to be able write your CSS selectors appropriately.

hope it helps
Thanks
Rashmi

Thanks rashmi for your answer..
But i still dont know what to put in kibana custom css.. for example witch class can i use for the scroll to top button?
I know that if i want to insert a link in my dashboard i can do ''' a:link{ } ''' in the custom css template. But i still dont know how to do the same way with the scroll to top button.
Hope that you understand what i want to say?

Cordialy,
ahadi

Hi rashmi.. I have found a part of the solution..
But i still dont know how to return back to the top of the page..

Cordialy,
Ahadi

I shall tag @timroes - he will get back to you when he can and has some time on his hands. This is a little out of reach to me.

Thanks
Rashmi

1 Like

Hi,

I fear this is not easily possible. The problem with that is, that even with finding some id on the top of the page that you could navigate to, that we're using a routing system in Kibana (from the old Angular 1 days), that is using the hash part of the URL (behind #) for which page you're on. That's also the part that you'd usually need to link to a specific anchor on the page. Thus you currently can't really craft links that will bring you to a specific anchor on the page, sorry.

Cheers,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.