Unable to configure SMTP on elasticsearch(7.5)

Hi,

I have a setup of elk on centos with a version of 7.5, and I am trying to configure SMTP but I am unable to do it.
I have my 1 year license enabled.
Due to the following error:

[2020-01-09T20:21:13,278][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [localhost.localdomain] uncaught exception in thread [main]
org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown secure setting [xpack.notification.email.account.company_account.smtp.password] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings
	at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:163) ~[elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:150) ~[elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86) ~[elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:125) ~[elasticsearch-cli-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90) ~[elasticsearch-cli-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:115) ~[elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:92) ~[elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]

And here is my elastic config file:

xpack.watcher.enabled: true
xpack.notification.email.account:
    company_account:
        profile: company
        smtp:
            auth: true
            starttls.enable: true
            host: smtp.company.in
            port: 25
            user: abc@company.com

I have added this line as well

bin/elasticsearch-keystore add xpack.notification.email.account.comapny_account.smtp.secure_password

Please help,

Thanks,
Tahseen

Hello,

Error got solved.

I downloaded the new elasticsearch and configure the same log path, log data and follow the following step of this below link.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.0/actions-email.html#configuring-email

Thanks,
Tahseen

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.