Unable to create Custom Kibana Visualisation

Hello Team,

I am trying to build Kibana custom visualisation. I am trying to reuse the markdown_vis from SRC/legacy/core_plugins , and copied the folder in plugins directory and changed the name from markdown_vis to cust_markdown_vis in all files.
But after doing changes and restarting Kibana. I am getting unable to load Kibana error. With 404 for index.scss file.
Could you please let me know if there is any way by which we can generate visualisation template , build and deploy custom visualisation like custom plugin.

Kibana: 6.7

Thank you for your help and support.
Aditya

Good morning Aditya!

I wouldn't recommend copy/pasting Kibana source for a plugin... you'll run into all kinds of problems, (like SASS compilation).

I'd recommend following our documentation for creating a custom visualization. Here is a link for 6.3.

In addition, there's a tutorial blog that can take you step-by-step through the process.

I hope this helps!

Thank you clintandrewhall.
I will try to build the visualisation and let you know in case of issues.
Thank you for your help and support.
Aditya

Hi clintandrewhall,

I tried to follow the steps mentioned here

however i am getting below error in console, when trying to click on 'Visualize' in Kibana.

Uploaded the code to git repository for reference.
https://github.com/aditya-deshpadne/custom_visualization/blob/master/test_vis.zip