Unable to create dynamic index with conditional check in logstash

Hi,

I want to dynamically create index based on the events. I have configured configured several log files in filebeat and the events are successfully stored in ElasticSearch. But when I try to differentiate the logs in different index, it is only passing one of the condition in logstash. For example:

filter {
    grok {
        match => { "message" => "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:level} *\[%{GREEDYDATA:logger}\] \(%{WORD:thread}\)  %{GREEDYDATA:message}"}
        match => { "message" => "%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} %{LOGLEVEL:level} *\[%{JAVACLASS:logger}\] \(%{GREEDYDATA:thread}\) \{%{GREEDYDATA:mdc}\} %{GREEDYDATA:message}"}
        }
    if "test" in [tags]{
       mutate { replace  => { "[@metadata][type]" => "test" } }
    }
}
output {
if "_grokparsefailure" not in [tags] {
    elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
    sniffing => true
    manage_template => false
    index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{[@metadata][type]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
    }

}
}

Filebeat config:
type: log
enabled: true
paths:
- C:\work\programs\agents\log\easyfile.log
fields:
service.id: 77877674
tags: [delivery]
fields_under_root: true
type: log
enabled: true
paths:
- C:\temp\easyfile.log
fields:
service.id: 12341234
tags: [test]
fields_under_root: true

For the above config, I can see one index filebeat-test-2018.09.18 created. But not the other one which should be filebeat-doc-2018.09.18 and got error as below

[ 2018-09-18T14:27:06,598][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"filebeat-doc-2018.09.18", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #<LogStash::Event:0x361230bb>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"filebeat-doc-2018.09.18", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>"UPSl7GUBxx--wOCZ_1LN", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"mapper [tags] of different type, current_type [long], merged_type [text]"}}}}

The two log formats are same. Only difference is just one additional content

for example
2018-03-09 16:12:20,315 INFO [com.sample.teste.TestClass] (https-express.sample.com-433-8) Testing logger
2018-03-09 16:12:20,315 INFO [com.sample.teste.TestClass] (https-express.sample.com-433-8) {my-name-1=my-value-1, my-name-2=my-value-2} Testing logger

For some reason the tags field in the filebeat-doc-2018.09.18 index has been mapped with the long type which isn't compatible with what Logstash sends. Why is that? Have you indexed documents previously with an integer tags field?

No, tags field was text before and the previous documents were mapped correctly. This happens only when I try to send to 2 different index based on the conditions applied. When I add the index one by one. This issue is resolved. Otherwise always only the first condition executed successfully.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.