Unable to display data on Kibana using logstash for linux

I was able to start the logstash still can't see the logs on Kibana.. There is connectivity and also access rights to view the logs ..what can be the possible issues ?

[2019-06-13T12:34:19,220][INFO ][logstash.pipeline ] Starting pipeline {:pipeline_id=>"main", "pipeline.workers"=>1, "pipeline.batch.size"=>125, "pipeline.batch.delay"=>50}
[2019-06-13T12:34:20,487][INFO ][logstash.pipeline ] Pipeline started successfully {:pipeline_id=>"main", :thread=>"#<Thread:0x76a7accd sleep>"}
[2019-06-13T12:34:20,583][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Pipelines running {:count=>1, :running_pipelines=>[:main], :non_running_pipelines=>}
[2019-06-13T12:34:20,833][INFO ][filewatch.observingtail ] START, creating Discoverer, Watch with file and sincedb collections
[2019-06-13T12:34:21,854][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

Hi @Ayushi47,

The first thing you need to check whether you really have this data in Elasticsearch (e.g. with `curl)?

Best,
Oleg

didn't get you..Sorry

So, if simplify, Logstash ingests data to Elasticsearch and Kibana reads that data from Elasticsearch. If you don't see any data in Kibana you first should make sure that Logstash -> Elasticsearch junction works correctly. To do that you at least to query Elasticsearch directly and see if there is your data in there, you can start from the here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/advanced-pipeline.html#indexing-parsed-data-into-elasticsearch

Let me know if you have questions regarding Logstash <-> Elasticsearch, then I'll forward your question to Logstash forum.

Best,
Oleg

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.