Unable to install elastic search curator

Hi Team,
Is there any RPM package available for curator v8.0? Recently, we upgraded from 7.17 to 8.9 version of ELK stack, and our curator version is not compatible with the ELK stack. Our env is an air-gap env and doesn't have any outside internet connection. So, I've to download all packages but there is no document regarding that. There are some topics here, so I downloaded below packages but no use.

• urllib3
  • elasticsearch-py
  • argparse
  • curator

but no luck

When tried python setup.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 2, in <module>
    from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable
ImportError: No module named cx_Freeze

When tried pip install curator-8.0.8.tar.gz

Processing /apps/curator/curator-8.0.8.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-9eBdix-build/setup.py", line 2, in <module>
        from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable
    ImportError: No module named cx_Freeze

System python version Python 2.7.5
Even I tried to download cx_freeze which is no use.

1. Can anyone help me in giving the list of packages we need to download and install which are the requirements for the curator.
  2. Why the RPM packages are not available?

Thanks
Senthil

I gave up the curator and am now using the index elasticsearch API for search and deletion.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Curator hasn't provided RPMs since (Curator) versions 7 and 8 were released. Curator also requires Python versions 3.8 and above.

Getting curator into an air-gapped environment is really challenging because we are not sure what Python package is needed for. So I went to simple search and delete API.

I'm not sure why the decision was taken not to give RPM, which is simple and perfect. But anyhow I am thankful to ELK that we have other alternatives like elasticsearch API and ILM.

Why would you use Curator if you can use ILM? Curator does a few things ILM won't, but you should be using ILM if you can.

With regards to building the RPM packages, it was a tremendous amount of effort, and that effort was multiplied any time there was the tiniest security update to a Python module. It was an overwhelming amount of work for one person to keep up with. I made the decision to standardize on Docker and pip instead, as most platforms have one or both these days.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.