Unable to install logstash-filter-elapsed plugin on Logstash 5.5.1

Hi All,

I'm trying to add the logstash-filter-elapsed plugin to my Logstash 5.5.1 installation and am seeing the following error during the installation process. This was running on a Windows server without any intervening Proxy:

C:\GMFProjects\APPS\Elastic\logstash-5.5.1\bin>logstash-plugin install logstash-filter-elapsed
Failed to open process token. Access is denied. (5)
Validating logstash-filter-elapsed
Installing logstash-filter-elapsed
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core (5.5.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install logstash-core -v '5.5.1'` succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: can not set Session#timeout=(0) no session context
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 2/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core (5.5.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install logstash-core -v '5.5.1'` succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: can not set Session#timeout=(300) no session context
Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

Anybody have a similar experience and know what the issue might be and whether there is a fix/workaround.

Additionally, other than hosting my own Gems server, is there no way of installing the GEMS file 'offline' into Logstash anymore? I have both the logstash-filter-elapsed-4.0.3.gem file and the logstash-filter-elapsed-master.zip downloaded to my local machine but running the logstash-plugin installl with the file/// for either of these doesn't seem to work.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi All,

I solved this by getting past our Proxy with help from a couple of posts already in this forum or on the wider internet.
The final key was having to (temporarily) modify the \logstash-5.5.1\vendor\jruby\lib\ruby\1.9\net\http.rb file to hard-code the proxy host, port, user and password. See this post for where I got the info.

imagehttps://github.com/elastic/logstash/issues/7814

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.