Unable to install logstash on Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS

I was installing logstash 7.6.1 for opendistro compatibility. After downling the package from elastic artifacts, I am getting this error

Errno::EISDIR: Is a directory - /etc/default/logstash
          write at org/jruby/RubyIO.java:3804
          write at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/installer.rb:32
  install_files at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/installer.rb:23
          yield at org/jruby/RubyYielder.java:117
          files at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/platform/systemd.rb:24
           each at org/jruby/RubyGenerator.java:104
  install_files at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/installer.rb:18
      run_human at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/cli.rb:185
        execute at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/cli.rb:141
            run at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67
            run at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/pleaserun-0.0.30/lib/pleaserun/cli.rb:114
            run at /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:132
         <main> at /usr/share/logstash/lib/systeminstall/pleasewrap.rb:12

If I delete the /etc/default/logstash directory and then reinstall the logstash, I get the dpkg error and it expects me to execute dpkg --configure -a. Upon configuring the packages, I get /etc/default/logstash does not exist.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.