Unable to install the logstash plugin logstash-filter-fix_protocol

Hello All
when I try to install the Logstsh plugin downloaded directly from Github (https://github.com/connamara/logstash-filter-fix_protocol) I get the following message .

bin/logstash-plugin install file:///usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-filter-fix_protocol-master.zip
Installing file: /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-filter-fix_protocol-master.zip
ERROR: Invalid pack for: file:///usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-filter-fix_protocol-master.zip, reason: The pack must contains at least one plugin, message: The pack must contains at least one plugin

Wondering some one can please advise

Regards

Mussa shirazi

Did you download logstash-filter-fix_protocol-master.zip from GitHub? That won't work. Get the .gem file from https://rubygems.org/gems/logstash-filter-fix_protocol/ instead.

Thanks Magnus

yes I downloaded master file grom github directly .

Now I have downloaded the gem file and getting below error message when installing the Gem file . Is there any thing else I need to do before installing the plugin .

Other important thing to note that my logstash server does not have access to internet .

gem install logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::DependencyError)
Unable to resolve dependencies: logstash-filter-fix_protocol requires logstash-core (>= 5.0.0), logstash-input-generator (>= 0), activesupport (>= 0), quickfix-jruby (>= 0)

Also used below command

bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

ERROR: Something went wrong when installing logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem, message: Connection refused - Connection refused

bin/logstash-plugin install --local logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

ERROR: Something went wrong when installing logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem, message: Connection refused - Connection refused

Thanks Magnus

yes I downloaded master file grom github directly .

Now I have downloaded the gem file and getting below error message when installing the Gem file . Is there any thing else I need to do before installing the plugin .

Other important thing to note that my logstash server does not have access to internet .

gem install logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::DependencyError)
Unable to resolve dependencies: logstash-filter-fix_protocol requires logstash-core (>= 5.0.0), logstash-input-generator (>= 0), activesupport (>= 0), quickfix-jruby (>= 0)

Also used below command

bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

bin/logstash-plugin install --local logstash-filter-fix_protocol-0.3.1.gem

Dear All

Wondering if I can get some help on above topic .

Regards

Mussa

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.