Offline plugin install

I am attempting an offline install the logstash-filter-cidr plugin on logstash 5.4.

I have tried:

1. Downloading the gem from rubygems.org and executing:
sudo /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install file:///tmp/logstash-filter-cidr-3.1.1-java.gem

And I receive the following error:

ERROR: Invalid pack for: file:/tmp/logstash-filter-cidr-3.1.1-java.gem, reason: Invalid format, the pack must be in zip format, message: Invalid format, the pack must be in zip format
  1. Downloading the zip file from https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-filter-cidr and executing:
/usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install file:///tmp/logstash-filter-cidr-3.1.1.zip 

And I receive the following error:

Installing file: /tmp/logstash-filter-cidr-3.1.1.zip
ERROR: Invalid pack for: file:///tmp/logstash-filter-cidr-3.1.1.zip, reason: The pack must contains at least one plugin, message: The pack must contains at least one plugin

What is the correct method for installing a plugin with no internet access? I did look at the docs and I thought I was performing the steps correctly, obviously not.

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to do the same, but for a different plugin. So far I wasn't able to find a workaround for this issue. I was going to create new topic, but found this one, so I will sign up for notifications. Will appreciate any help. Thank you!

Try to install a plugin on a machine with internet connection, and then just export plugins for offline installation. Documentation can be found here:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/offline-plugins.html

is there a way to do it without needing an online machine. It seems that neding an online machine with all the components installed is an unnecessary burden on the customer. It use to be available in older versions of Logstash.

Is there no other way to perorm this task.

Sorry, I don't know of any other way. I'd be interested if there is.
We've gotten used to it. You don't need to configure anything. Just download logstash, unzip it, execute plugin-install of the plugins you want, and execute an export-offline plugins. We've scripted this and run it on machines with internet access. And then we make file available for installation to our internal nexus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.