Issue installing Translate Plugin

We are using logstash 5.2 ..We are trying to install translate plugin and getting below error ..Can anyone advice

[root@x01gnwatlgs1a support]# /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install file:////home/support/logstash-filter-translate-3.0.1.zip
Installing file: //home/support/logstash-filter-translate-3.0.1.zip
ERROR: Invalid pack for: file:////home/support/logstash-filter-translate-3.0.1.zip, reason: The pack must contains at least one plugin, message: The pack must contains at least one plugin

Downloaded the plugin from below

You can't download a zip file directly from GitHub. See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/offline-plugins.html for more information on how to install plugins on a system that's not connected directly to the internet. If the machine in question is internet-connected you can of course just use the logstash-plugin command.

1 Like

I am following the same procedure .. Downloaded from Github as my VM does not have internet access (Offline installation)..

Error is bit strange

ERROR: Invalid pack for: file:///home/support/logstash-filter-translate-3.0.1.zip, reason: The pack must contains at least one plugin, message: The pack must contains at least one plugin

Did you read the page I linked to? It does not recommend downloading archives from GitHub.

ANy other option that you can advice please..I have no way to have internet connection due to compliance ..

The page I linked to explains how to install plugins on machines without an internet connection. Over and out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.