Unable to load sample metricbeat dashboard particular kibana spaces

I want to setup three spaced in kibana like dev qa and Prod, in each spaces i should get dashboard for that particular environment server for host monitoring.

But when i created space e.g qa and on qa server i installed metricbeat and enable dashboard and mentioned space.id: "qa" still i am able to see that QA server in my Dev space.
Kindly help.

Hey @Pradnya, the setup.kibana.space.id setting is used to determine which Space metricbeat will insert the Dashboards in, it doesn't control which metricbeat data itself is visible in which space. If you're looking for this level of control, you can use document level security with a single metricbeat-* index pattern if you have a valid license; or you can change your metricbeat configuration to use different indices for different environments and control access in that manner.

Okk.. Thanks.

thanks for the help.
one more query, as i am using metricbeat to get system metrics, currently having 20-30 system on kibana dashborad, but if my metribeat.service goes down on client machine obviously we wont get that system data on kibana.
But how to identify from kibana that particular system stopped giving metrics data, i can only able to see that system count is reduces but not the system name.

one more query, as i am using metricbeat to get system metrics, currently having 20-30 system on kibana dashborad, but if my metribeat.service goes down on client machine obviously we wont get that system data on kibana.
But how to identify from kibana that particular system stopped giving metrics data, i can only able to see that system count is reduces but not the system name.

This is a separate question entirely, I'd recommend asking this question in the "Beats" topic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.