Unable to login to kibana dashboard

I was deploying elasticsearch and kibana by using the following document:

I am not able to login to kibana dashboard even after the port forwarding also. Using the below yaml for kibana.

apiVersion: kibana.k8s.elastic.co/v1
kind: Kibana
metadata:
  name: kibana-sample
spec:
  version: 7.6.0
  count: 1
  elasticsearchRef:
    name: elasticsearch-sample
  http:
     service:
      spec:
       type: LoadBalancer

Elasticsearch.yaml:

# This sample sets up an Elasticsearch cluster with 3 nodes.
apiVersion: elasticsearch.k8s.elastic.co/v1
kind: Elasticsearch
metadata:
  name: elasticsearch-sample
spec:
  version: 7.6.0
  nodeSets:
  - name: default
    config:
      # most Elasticsearch configuration parameters are possible to set, e.g: node.attr.attr_name: attr_value
      node.master: true
      node.data: true
      node.ingest: true
      node.ml: true
      # this allows ES to run on nodes even if their vm.max_map_count has not been increased, at a performance cost
      node.store.allow_mmap: false
      xpack.security.authc:
          anonymous:
            username: anonymous
            roles: superuser
            authz_exception: false
    podTemplate:
      metadata:
        labels:
          # additional labels for pods
          foo: bar
      spec:
        containers:
        - name: elasticsearch
          # specify resource limits and requests
          resources:
            limits:
              memory: 4Gi
              cpu: 1
          env:
          - name: ES_JAVA_OPTS
            value: "-Xms2g -Xmx2g"
    count: 3

How are you trying to access Kibana? Can you provide the commands you are running?
Can you also provide Kibana logs so we can make sure it is running properly?

What Kubernetes provider and distribution are you relying on? I see your Kibana is configured with a LoadBalancer service type, which means it should be available to the public internet and have a public external IP if your Kubernetes setup supports it.

At least in the manifest you posted here the indentation of the LoadBalancer service seems off. Could be a copy/paste mistake but maybe worth double checking.

I deployed in GCP. I deployed elasticsearch and kibana by using the quickstart documentation. Both Elasticsearch and kibana are in green. I can see external IP as well. I am trying to connect using like below:
http://IP:5601 in the browser. I tried by port forwarding also(kubectl port-forward service/name 5601). But not able to connect to it. Pasting logs of kibana as well:

"type":"response","@timestamp":"2020-11-18T11:50:04Z","tags":[],"pid":6,"method":"get","statusCode":200,"req":{"url":"/login","method":"get","headers":{"host":"10.64.7.7:5601","user-agent":"kube-probe/1.15+","accept-encoding":"gzip","connection":"close"},"remoteAddress":"10.64.7.1","userAgent":"10.64.7.1"},"res":{"statusCode":200,"responseTime":29,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /login 200 29ms - 9.0B"}
{"type":"response","@timestamp":"2020-11-18T11:50:14Z","tags":[],"pid":6,"method":"get","statusCode":200,"req":{"url":"/login","method":"get","headers":{"host":"10.64.7.7:5601","user-agent":"kube-probe/1.15+","accept-encoding":"gzip","connection":"close"},"remoteAddress":"10.64.7.1","userAgent":"10.64.7.1"},"res":{"statusCode":200,"responseTime":25,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /login 200 25ms - 9.0B"}
{"type":"response","@timestamp":"2020-11-18T11:50:24Z","tags":[],"pid":6,"method":"get","statusCode":200,"req":{"url":"/login","method":"get","headers":{"host":"10.64.7.7:5601","user-agent":"kube-probe/1.15+","accept-encoding":"gzip","connection":"close"},"remoteAddress":"10.64.7.1","userAgent":"10.64.7.1"},"res":{"statusCode":200,"responseTime":22,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /login 200 22ms - 9.0B"}
{"type":"response","@timestamp":"2020-11-18T11:50:34Z","tags":[],"pid":6,"method":"get","statusCode":200,"req":{"url":"/login","method":"get","headers":{"host":"10.64.7.7:5601","user-agent":"kube-probe/1.15+","accept-encoding":"gzip","connection":"close"},"remoteAddress":"10.64.7.1","userAgent":"10.64.7.1"},"res":{"statusCode":200,"responseTime":23,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /login 200 23ms - 9.0B"}

Have you tried https://?

Now I am able to access in google chrome. Previously, I tried in firefox. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.