Unable to login to Kibana

After a further investigation I believe the root of my problem stems from the following error when trying to open Elasticsearch in a web browser

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"missing authentication credentials for REST request [/]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":["Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8"","Bearer realm="security"","ApiKey"]}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"missing authentication credentials for REST request [/]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":["Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8"","Bearer realm="security"","ApiKey"]}},"status":401}

The configuration is a 3 node Elasticsearch cluster. I see no errors in the logs on the Node0 Elasticsearch of the cluster.

I have tried to pass the credentials using curl -X GET "http://localhost:9200" -u elastic:pass123 to no effect. I have tried to create a new user, and reset the credentials as per reset credentials

All to no avail. When I have setup an ELK stack in the past, with a solo Elasticsearch it was not an issue, this is my first cluster setup and I am in need of help.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look or what I should look for?

Thank you for your help, as always it is much appreciated.

Mike