Unable to parse imported visualizations on version 5.2.0

@avivc @jmaelbrancke @Terence_Chuen this fix is going to be part of 5.2.2 and it should be available for download rather soon from https://www.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch

2 Likes

Thanks @Brandon_Kobel :grin:

Is there an estimated date ?

@avivc we don't announce release dates internally or externally because so many different things can cause these to shift. I'll update this ticket if I hear anything else.

Fair enough!
Tnx

Thank you for notifying,I will check repo and update.
I will report here again after the update.

@avivc @Terence_Chuen 5.2.2 is available now.

2 Likes

Tnx @Brandon_Kobel

Do I have to upgrade both ES and Kibana to 5.2.2 to acquire the changes?

@avivc
I think it should be.
The version of all packages should be consistent.

@Brandon_Kobel
I upgraded and tested, the function has returned to normal.
Thank you.

1 Like

@avivc you'll want to keep the version of ES/Kibana in sync to ensure you don't hit any compatibility issues.

1 Like

Tnx @Brandon_Kobel

I think this can be worked around by tying up the visualization to a search , and include the regular expression as part of the search .
Refactor all index based visualization to depend on a search instead and have the regex filter as a part of search query.

@Vinoth_Ravi do you mean -
Taking the visualize json request and add it regex
OR
Export data from the dev tools (myIndex/_search) and add it regex for the new query
?
You have an example for this?
It is possible to double-click on entity in visualize and it open an action bar to filter data
Tnx :+1:

Lets say we have an export of all the search, viz and dashboard objects from kibana 5.1.2.
Import this into 5.2.1 by any means - either directly putting it in .kibana index or import ( if it succeeds ).

grep for "exclude" "include" keywords from the export.json and find 'affected' viz.

Open each of the affected viz, remove the regex pattern from "include/exclude" and add it to the search bar at the top. For example, if field_1 has regex include like .*ERROR.*|*.WARN.* , remove it and place in the search at the top as field_1: *ERROR* OR field_1: *WARN*.
( Note if the viz was already linked to a search, double click to unlink it and edit the search tab directly).

I tried this and it works okay, but only 10% of my Viz are affected ( which used exclude/include pattern ) so it is feasible workaround for me.

Cool @Vinoth_Ravi !
For what you have tried, does it stays for good? I mean, once you've add the regex to the search field instead in the include/ exclude box..
In that case it case be useful, but if not it might be a beat tedious right ?

Yes, the fix is clean.

Great @Vinoth_Ravi !
Is it good to determine permanent json input too?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.