Unable to perform aggregation on 2 fields

I am trying to find a unique count on a pair of source and destination IPs in my stored records.
In elastic search, the mapping shows that the fields are being stored as an IP type, however when I try to compare the 2 IPs, to sort them, Elasticsearch throws an error, saying

"Cannot apply [>] operation to types [org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.IpFieldMapper.IpFieldType.IpScriptDocValues] and [org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.IpFieldMapper.IpFieldType.IpScriptDocValues]." 

The reason I want to do this is because in some records in which the same IPs are stored, however in different srcIP and dstIP fields. I would like to eventually create a visualization based on the top 10 pairs but to do that, I must first try to figure this out.

Do you guys have any suggestions? This is my query so far... It's a little messy:

"aggs" : {
	"ip_pairs" : {
		"cardinality" : { 
			"script" : "if (doc['srcIP'] > doc['dstIP']) { doc['dstIP'].value + '-' + doc['srcIP'].value } else { doc['srcIP'].value + '-' + doc['dstIP'].value }"
		}

}
}

Maybe should you look at the available methods in the class corresponding to the error?

IpScriptDocValues

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.