Unable to start elasticsearch after installed searchguard

Hi All,

I have installed Elasticsearch version 5.6.4 and also I have installed searchguard for securing the cluster. But now I am unable to start the elasticsearch and below is the response I am getting in console and the elasticsearch logs were not getting updated,

elasticsearch-uat@st-clus1-es-master3:/home/elasticsearch-uat/elasticsearch/bin$ sh start_es.sh
elasticsearch-uat@st-clus1-es-master3:/home/elasticsearch-uat/elasticsearch/bin$ Exception in thread "main" org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationException: No name attribute provided for Logger searchguard
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.properties.PropertiesConfigurationBuilder.createLogger(PropertiesConfigurationBuilder.java:255)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.properties.PropertiesConfigurationBuilder.build(PropertiesConfigurationBuilder.java:177)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.properties.PropertiesConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(PropertiesConfigurationFactory.java:52)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.properties.PropertiesConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(PropertiesConfigurationFactory.java:35)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:239)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator$2.visitFile(LogConfigurator.java:154)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator$2.visitFile(LogConfigurator.java:150)
        at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2670)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:150)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:122)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:307)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:132)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:123)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:70)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:91)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:84)
Refer to the log for complete error details.

Please help me to resolve this issue..
Let me know if you need any informations.

Thanks,
Ganeshbabu R

I made a mistake in log4j2.properties and made the corrections.. Now elasticsearch is starting up!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.