Unable to store monitoring credentials in ES Keystore

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any extra documentation regarding the Keystore feature of ES. I have been trying to secure the credentials used for xpack.monitoring.exporters settings but it's failing every time and I haven't been able to find any information regarding the keystore much. I receive the following error whenever I try to start the elasticsearch instance (the primary cluster, not the monitoring node):

[2018-06-04T08:58:49,083][ERROR][o.e.x.m.e.h.VersionHttpResource] failed to verify minimum version [6.0.0-alpha1] on the [xpack.monitoring.exporters.id1] monitoring cluster
org.elasticsearch.client.ResponseException: method [GET], host [https://:], URI [/?filter_path=version.number], status line [HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized]
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [
] for REST request [/?filter_path=version.number]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [***] for REST request [/?filter_path=version.number]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401}

Is the xpack.monitoring.exporters setting supported for keystore or not? Or is this error occuring due to some other issue?

If someone could shed some light on this issue or provide me some link to any documentation regarding keystore, it would be helpful.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.