output {
elasticsearch {
action => "index"
codec => "json"
index => "perfmondataindexgraphana11"
}
}
Result: Index created successfully

After this I commented " convert => ["host","integer"] " and then deleted sincedb file before running updated logstash.conf file.

Result: Got an error unable to parse field "host"

Error stack:

ex"=>"perfmondataindexgraphana11", "_type"=>"logs", "_id"=>"AVRNA4UBRi1p7WBX9LgO
", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"mapper_parsing_exception", "reason"=>"faile
d to parse [host]", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"number_format_exception", "reason"=>"

That error message is incomplete, but it indicates that ES wants the host field to be an integer but the document you're trying to index doesn't contain an integer in that field.

I know the reason as it was happened because I have commented "host" field while updating logstash.conf but my question is that why i am unable to update same index index => "perfmondataindexgraphana11" as whatever i am sending by using this config should not given me this error.
Or is it like that we cannot update same index and need to create new index if i am updating any field.

You can certainly update an existing index but you can't change the type mappings.

1 Like

Thanks! Back for quick reply.