Unable to view Reporting section in Kibana Privileges

I'm having an issue where I want to provide reporting access to a role.

I followed the steps given here - Configure reporting in Kibana | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic - which says to disable reporting roles
But then If the Reporting option is unavailable, contact your administrator, or enable the option in kibana.yml. which then redirects me here - Reporting settings in Kibana | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic - and says to enable reporting roles but is a deprecated option.

I've added this to my kibana.yml file

xpack.reporting.enabled: true
xpack.reporting.roles.enabled: false

But i'm still unable to see the Reporting option under Analytics in the Kibana Privileges

This is what I see

Is there something else that I'm missing

Kibana Version: 7.15.1

Hi @nate_d The reporting section is under "Stack Management" not Analytics.
You can navigate there more quickly by using the Global Search option at the top of the page in the middle (shortcut key is cmd + / on a Mac).

@cheiligers i'm looking to grant user privileges in kibana for reporting.
the reporting_user has been deprecated and the only solution that the docs give is to provide access via privileges. But I am unable to see the option when creating a role.

@nate_d I want to try and replicate the issue and need a few details to do that:

1. How are you running Kibana, from source?
  2. What role do you have when logging in?
  3. Have you restarted Kibana after editing the config file (kibana.yml)?
  4. Did you add view_index_metadata to all the indices you want reporting enabled for (step 3 in Configure reporting in Kibana | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic)?

I'm trying to see which step in the process for granting users access to reporting is not working for you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.