Unassigned replicas with status CLUSTER_RECOVERED

Hello All,

I have a single node Elasticsearch setup. I have unassigned replicas

Here is the kibana query through which I am checking:

GET _cat/shards?v=true&h=index,shard,prirep,state,node,unassigned.reason&s=state

and output is:

index                                                              shard prirep state      node       unassigned.reason
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-metrics-server-20210818                    0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-metrics-server-20210804                    0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-dashboard-metrics-scraper-20210622         0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-dashboard-metrics-scraper-20210621         0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED

I am not sure why it is showing unassigned.
As this is single node cluster so I have set the no. of replicas to 0, using the below query

PUT /_all/_settings
{
  "index" : {
    "number_of_replicas" : 0
  }
}

still the status is same as above(unassigned replicas).

Adittionally I ran the below command also to solve the issue:

PUT /_cluster/settings
{
  "transient" : {
    "cluster.routing.rebalance.enable" : "all"
  }
}

but this also not worked.

please help in this.
Thanks in Advance...

You cannot have replica's assigned on a single node, as there's no redundancy.

Hello @warkolm , you are right that we can't have replicas on a single node, so I am setting the replicas to 0 using the below kibana query:

PUT /_all/_settings
{
  "index" : {
    "number_of_replicas" : 0
  }
}

but after that also I have unassigned replicas:

index                                                              shard prirep state      node       unassigned.reason
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-metrics-server-20210818                    0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-metrics-server-20210804                    0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-dashboard-metrics-scraper-20210622         0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED
%{[@metadata][cluster]}-dashboard-metrics-scraper-20210621         0     r      UNASSIGNED            CLUSTER_RECOVERED

How to get rid of this?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.