Unassigned Shards : How to reassign in 5.x?

Hello,

I have started playing with Elastic Stack two days ago and have fallen completely in love with it!
However, since last night my import stopped working.

I've been creating and deleting indexes and changing Mappings in my config file over and over, but it can't get it to start importing more than the 588460 rows it has done so far.

There is no error, it runs through everything fine, like it has been doing for two days... But it doesn't add any more rows to my index.

There are a little over 4 million rows in my MySQL table, and they have been imported all successfully before (yesterday). However, I had some issues with my data and the field mappings, so I was tinkering around. No matter if I delete the index, recreate it, push the records... it keeps only importing 588460 rows, no matter what I do.

I thought it might be related to the "record_last_run" data, or something.. but it doesn't seem to make a difference..
Here is my config file. Any thoughts?

input {
    jdbc {
        jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:mysql://localhost:8889/test"
        jdbc_user => "root"
        jdbc_password => "root"
        jdbc_driver_library => "/Users/canphaz/mysql-connector-java-5.1.41/mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar"
        jdbc_driver_class => "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        clean_run => false 
        record_last_run => true 
        use_column_value => true 
        jdbc_fetch_size => 100000
        jdbc_paging_enabled => true 
        jdbc_page_size => 100000 
        tracking_column => id 
        last_run_metadata_path => "/Users/canphaz/.logstash_jdbc_last_run_testtable"
        statement => "SELECT * FROM testtable"
    }
}
output {
    stdout { codec => json_lines }
      elasticsearch {
    "hosts" => "localhost:9200"
    "index" => "testtable" 
    "user" => "elastic" 
    "password" => "changeme" 
    "document_type" => "data"
    "document_id" => "%{id}"
    }
}

Ok, I learned about "Unassigned Shards", which seems to be the case with me... All my shards (except .security) are unassigned, I suspect this is related to the fact that my laptop had limited space and I ran into the 85% watermark..

Even though I cleaned up my disk, made sure there is plenty of space (60% at least), restarted elasticsearch, the shards remain unassigned.. I've been browsing through the documentation, but it all assumes I'm running a cluster with multiple nodes, and I haven't found a simple command that can reassign my node back to my cluster. Plenty of those for ES 2.x, but a lot has changed in 5.x so it seems.

Since I'm totally new to the Elastic Stack, it's a bit confusing.. Can anyone tell me what to do to get my unassigned shards reassigned to my 1-node cluster running on my laptop?

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.