Upgrade elasticsearch opensource for basic

I have an opensource elasticseach environment, I want to upgrade to the basic version,
only by uninstalling opensource and installing basic does the cluster work stable ?

You need to install the standard distribution of elasticsearch instead of the other package you downloaded.

I believe that you "just" have to preserve the data dir but I did not check that.
You should give a try on a temporary cluster.

Good morning, David Pilato, thank you for your attention.
I need to confirm and the steps for this upgrade.
At the beginning of the project, I used graylog to connect to elasticsearch, to analyze the fortinet log, and when installing graylog it uses elasticsearch opensource. because the basic version has the most features.

Did you try what I said?

I did in the hmg environment. this way, I stopped a master, uninstalled, opensource, changed the repo file, and upgraded, did not touch the data. It worked. but homologation is small, and in production they are 500G indices. That is the concern.

And I have this problem, there is a kb to change the index to a value greater than 1000 or be unlimited

2020-04-15T08:47:28.315-04:00 WARN [Messages] Failed to index message: index=<fwsa002_1> id=<43286e84-7f17-11ea-a899-506b8dc39cf2> error=<{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Limit of total fields [1000] in index [fwsa002_1] has been exceeded"}>

em produção eu tenho um cluster de 6 hots, 3 master e 3 datas com 15TB de espaço dividos nos datas, em cluster fica 5TB.
Vou fazer um de cada vez, primeiro os master, para o primeiro baixo o serviço do elastic, desinstalo e faço o upgrade.
A pergunta qual a sequencia que eu faria o upgrade para não ter impacto, porque o ambiente não pode parar e nem ter perca de dados.

This "problem" will happen on both oss or standard version.

Sorry I don't understand.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.