Upgrade from 7.9.0 to 7.9.3

Hi all,

I have issue when I'm trying to upgrde from 7.9.0 to 7.9.3, the elasticsearch can't start.
After several minutes to investigate, I think it related to the jvm.options, because I have several times upgrading elasticsearch and it cause by jvm.options.
I saw there new jvm.options.rpmnew, then I check my current jvm.options and save it to other name, then I copied the jvm.options.rpmnew to jvm.options, then modified as necessary to my environment.

Then elasticsearch started.

Please inform the diff in the new jvm.options, so I can direct find the diff between version.
This condition not mention in the:

Regards,
Fadjar Tandabawana

You can download the relevant packages here. Unpack the 7.9.0 RPM and the 7.9.3 RPM without installing them and compare the files you'd like with diff -bu file1 file2. What do you need help with specifically?

EDIT: Did you make any changes to the 7.9.3 options that you didn't make to the 7.9.0 options? We don't usually recommend touching these files unless you have particular use cases.

I didn't make any changes of the importance part of the jvm.options in the 7.9.3, just xmx and xms to adjust with my environment.
Since I copy the jvm.options.rpmnew to jvm.options and make adjustment, the elasticsearch stated normally. No advanced modification.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.