Upgrade/New Kibana 7.5 java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Map

Hi all,
i have problem which kibana 7.5.
After i update from 6.8 to 7.5 i have 3 problems/info

FATAL  Error: [elasticsearch.ssl.verify]: definition for this key is missing

FATAL  Error: [elasticsearch.url]: definition for this key is missing

FATAL  Error: Index .kibana_task_manager belongs to a version of Kibana that cannot be automatically migrated. Reset it or use the X-Pack upgrade assistant.

Then i think, i can delete all index .kibana because is Dev env. so

curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/.kibana*

and now i have

FATAL [class_cast_exception] java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Map :: {"path":"/.kibana_task_manager_1","query":{},"body":"{\"mappings\":{\"dynamic\":\"strict\",\"properties\":{\"config\":{\"dynamic\":\"true\",\"properties\":{\"buildNum\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"}}},\"migrationVersion\":{\"dynamic\":\"true\",\"type\":\"object\"},\"type\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"namespace\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"updated_at\":{\"type\":\"date\"},\"references\":{\"type\":\"nested\",\"properties\":{\"name\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"type\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"id\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"}}},\"task\":{\"properties\":{\"taskType\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"scheduledAt\":{\"type\":\"date\"},\"runAt\":{\"type\":\"date\"},\"startedAt\":{\"type\":\"date\"},\"retryAt\":{\"type\":\"date\"},\"interval\":{\"type\":\"text\"},\"attempts\":{\"type\":\"integer\"},\"status\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"params\":{\"type\":\"text\"},\"state\":{\"type\":\"text\"},\"user\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"scope\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"},\"ownerId\":{\"type\":\"keyword\"}}}},\"_meta\":{\"migrationMappingPropertyHashes\":{\"config\":\"87aca8fdb053154f11383fce3dbf3edf\",\"migrationVersion\":\"4a1746014a75ade3a714e1db5763276f\",\"type\":\"2f4316de49999235636386fe51dc06c1\",\"namespace\":\"2f4316de49999235636386fe51dc06c1\",\"updated_at\":\"00da57df13e94e9d98437d13ace4bfe0\",\"references\":\"7997cf5a56cc02bdc9c93361bde732b0\",\"task\":\"a7206eba37aaea59ba083a079fd80b65\"}}},\"settings\":{\"number_of_shards\":1,\"auto_expand_replicas\":\"0-1\"}}","statusCode":500,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"class_cast_exception\",\"reason\":\"java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Map\"}],\"type\":\"class_cast_exception\",\"reason\":\"java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Map\"},\"status\":500}"}

This env is upgrading from 5.4 to 5.6 (x-pack change index[reindex]) -> 6.8 and now 7.5.

If i delete all index kibana should not be clean installation now ?.
I have a problem with permissions?

@Fin4l after deleting the .kibana* indices, did you restart the Kibana server? If so, are you still seeing these errors?

Based on these errors:

FATAL  Error: [elasticsearch.ssl.verify]: definition for this key is missing
FATAL  Error: [elasticsearch.url]: definition for this key is missing

You'll need to rename elasticsearch.url to elasticsearch.hosts and elasticsearch.ssl.verify to elasticsearch.ssl.verificationMode

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.