Upgraded ES 6.3.1 cluster has only .kibana index

(Eric Swenson) #1

I upgraded a cluster from 2.4 to 5.6.10 and then from 5.6.10 to 6.3.1. After the upgrade of 5.6.10, I ran the upgrade helper and reindexed all the indices that had originally been created in 2.4 as per the instructions. I queried those indices and all seemed well. Then, after the upgrade from 5.6.10 to 6.3.1, the only index I see is ".kibana".

Is this possibly a security issue? I'm still using the default elastic:changeme username/password and have not created a /etc/elasticsearch/roles.yml file (yet). When I look in the elasticsearch "data" directory, I do see what seems like approximately the correct number of index directories. But a /_cat/indices?v request shows only the ".kibana" index. Help!

(Eric Swenson) #2

It appears to not be a security issue. I disabled security with:

xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.security.dls_fls.enabled: false

And now, I no longer need basic authentication, but I still see only the .kibana index.

(swarmee.net) #3

It's been a while since I did this but I think the data path has changed a little since 2.x. Go hunting around in the data directories. See what you can find. I think you will find the old structure with all your data and the new structure with your new. Kibana index.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.