Upgraded ES 6.3.1 cluster has only .kibana index

I upgraded a cluster from 2.4 to 5.6.10 and then from 5.6.10 to 6.3.1. After the upgrade of 5.6.10, I ran the upgrade helper and reindexed all the indices that had originally been created in 2.4 as per the instructions. I queried those indices and all seemed well. Then, after the upgrade from 5.6.10 to 6.3.1, the only index I see is ".kibana".

Is this possibly a security issue? I'm still using the default elastic:changeme username/password and have not created a /etc/elasticsearch/roles.yml file (yet). When I look in the elasticsearch "data" directory, I do see what seems like approximately the correct number of index directories. But a /_cat/indices?v request shows only the ".kibana" index. Help!

It appears to not be a security issue. I disabled security with:

xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.security.dls_fls.enabled: false

And now, I no longer need basic authentication, but I still see only the .kibana index.

It's been a while since I did this but I think the data path has changed a little since 2.x. Go hunting around in the data directories. See what you can find. I think you will find the old structure with all your data and the new structure with your new. Kibana index.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.