Upgrading elasticsearch version

Hi guys,
I'm using elasticsearch 2.2.0 version currently. now i want to upgrade it to 5.0
I tried some basic concepts, it is not working.
can you guys help me about that

thanks in advance

(David Pilato) #2

Yes.

(Christian Dahlqvist) #3

Have you read this and used the migration plugin? What is not working?

(Kanagat) #4

i will plan in near time update ELK.
I have 2 node in my cluster and have the follow plan, there 2 apache tomcat server which accept any post queries and then my app wrote to ELK:

1. shutdown app 1 and elk on first node
  2. run ELk(updated 5.0.2) on 1 server
  3. copy all data(cp in linux) from /data/OLD_CLUSTERNAME directory of ELK 2v to /data/NEW_CLUSTERNAME
  4. run ELK 5v and APP on server1
  5. Shutdown ELK2 and APP2
  6. make 2-3 steps in server2

after my future test, i will write result to this Issue.

(Kanagat) #5

I have done my migrate:
there is a plan of my action:

prerequisites

• Check java verison in both server It should be same. And jdk 8 [event_manager@event-handler-t ~]$ java -version java version "1.8.0_101" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
  • Check params on linux serveer: cat /etc/sysctl.conf vm.swappiness = 0 vm.max_map_count=262144 after configure it, run (for commit) sysctl -p check file /etc/security/limits.conf cat /etc/security/limits.conf your_user_name soft nofile 65536 your_user_name hard nofile 131072
  • Check that your disk have enough space
Steps of migration i have 2 server(server1(it have master1, data1), server2- it have master2 and data2) with running on both tomcat server.
  • Configure new cluster server1- master1 node.name: node-2 node.master: true node.data: false path.logs: /data/logs/elasticsearch5/node1 network.publish_host: server1 network.bind_host: 0.0.0.0 http.port: 9212 discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["127.0.0.1", "localhost","server1","server2"]
  • server1- data1 node.name: node-2 node.master: true node.data: false path.logs: /data/logs/elasticsearch5/node2 network.publish_host: server1 network.bind_host: 0.0.0.0 http.port: 9213 discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["127.0.0.1", "localhost","server1","server2"] and analog config for second server2.
  • Then kill elasticsearch process on server1
  • Copy data from OLD_directory_OF_MASTER1 to NEW_directory_of_MASTER1, and analog with DATA1 node cp -r /data/db/elasticsearch-2.3.4-node1/data/eventhandler-main-db/nodes /data/db/elasticsearch-5.0.2-node1/data cp -r /data/db/elasticsearch-2.3.4-node2/data/eventhandler-main-db/nodes /data/db/elasticsearch-5.0.2-node2/data
  • Run new nodes: master1, data1
  • And it accept success all shards and indices from old ELK(in my case -2.3.4) At same time all users of application work with SERVER2.
  • Check your templates, nodes status and indices
  • curl localhost:9212/_template/ curl localhost:9212/_cat/nodes?v curl localhost:9212/_cat/indices?v
  • if all OK, then i run tomcat server, and load balancer after check that my server available begin send data to server1
  • all data, which appeared in server2(old cluster) stored there and they didn't lost and now we begin similar actions on server2
  • new data now stored in new cluster and after configurate and run new nodes of server2 data by replica fron server 1 migrate to server2 and old data from server2 migrate to server1(which appear in migrate time on server1)
  • In my case this method is suitable. But he have limitations. User can lost their data for migration time.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.