Use logstash as proxy for elasticsearch

Hi,

I deployed some proxy servers that run logstash and nginx. I do not want developers or users hitting the elasticsearch cluster directly. Logstash provides an input to handle JSON text that logstash turns around and sends to elasticsearch. I have nginx proxying requests to the backend elasticsearch cluster. For data ingestion, it is sometimes nice to be able to manipulate messages as the come through or do other logstash filters on them. Is there a way to configure Logstash to accept traffic like it was elasticsearch api calls and send them on, instead of doing this with nginx? The elasticearch input plugin, is just about querying other clusters, not quite what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Tim

Is there a way to configure Logstash to accept traffic like it was elasticsearch api calls and send them on, instead of doing this with nginx?

There's the http input but it won't behave exactly like Elasticsearch. It depends on what exact requirements you have. If you really want a proxy the Nginx would be much more suitable.

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was the case I just wanted to see if anyone else had an idea for this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.