Using ES for bag of visual words image search II

Hey,

This is a follow-up question to the following discussion:

Since the topic is roughly two years old, I wonder if there are any new resources or features solving this problem. As the previous author I'm planning on feeding encoded features vectors such as this into ES:

[word1: 10, word20: 3, word32: 4, word200: 11]

which basically encodes the TF of each word occuring in the current document. For testing if the concept works at all I spared the frequency encoding and passed my feature vectors plain as:

[word1 word1 word2 word3 word3 word3 ...]

However the matching performance of this approach in ES is already significantly worse than what I've implemented in a standalone application as a proof of concept where I basically just create an inverted index of all my indexed documents which is then queried with a bunch of test images.

This is exactly what I expected ES to do internally however it disproves me by showing significantly worse results. Do I have any errors in my thought process or is there any setting in ES that behaves differently than what I'm expecting?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.