Using Kibana to visualise last connection status by process

Hi All,

I am attempting to visualise the current connection status of processes within my system.
When each process starts/stops, it posts and update to elasticsearch which includes a field "connected" (boolean) and "name" (string).

What I would like to show on screen is the last connected status by process, so processes that have disconnected can be quickly identified.

I have attempted to visualise this with a heatmap and also with a Horizontal bar chart, filtering connection and name.keyword by max time.
I have had some success with this (see below)

However if this is in a dashboard and I click any distinct row, it adds a "Connected : true" or a "Connected : false" to the KQL query at the top of the page, which overrides any other filters on the chart.
For example if I click on an a process that is connected, the visualisation will just show each process and that the process has been connected at some point within the overall time period. What i would want to see is only the processes which are currently connected.

Is there anyway to visualise what I am trying to show, and if is there a less convoluted approach than the one I am taking

Thanks,
Eoghan

Hello Eoghan,

I think the best possible solution for you is to use vega sankey chart in which you can visualize connections.

Here is an example from our sample data dashboards for logs ( you can install them by adding sample data from Kibana home) :

If you click on edit - you will be able to see the vega code which was used.

Does that help?
Thanks,
Bhavya

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.