Using Winlogbeat with Docker-Compose under Linux

Hello,

I'm currently trying to integrate Winlogbeat to my Docker-Compose-Stack, but I'm not really successful with it. The problem is, that I normally download the current Logstash or Filebeat version (referenced in my docker-compose.yml). I want to do the same with Winlogbeat, but as I saw on the docker.elastic.co website, there is no image for doing that. Also, as I was searching how to integrate Winlogbeat to my stack, I couldn't find any helpful topics. I want to use Winlogbeat on my Linux stack by referencing on local EVTX file archives. Is there currently a possibility to do so?

Thank you very much,
Danny.

Winlogbeat depends on the APIs of Windows to read evtx files. So it will not be possible to use Winlogbeat on Linux for this.

Hey andrewkroh,

thank you very much. I did not know that it is only available for Windows. Okay, I solved the problem by executing Winlogbeat on my Windows machine and passing the data via output to my ELK stack on my Linux machine via the right port.

Best regards,
Danny.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.