Version 7.12 does not work on Windows

Can't install version 7.12 on Windows 10 Pro, getting this error:

Error: Could not find or load main class org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker

I didn't install separate Java as the zip package has it inside. According to the documentation there is no need to do anything special. Just download the zip, extract it and run the bat file.
But running the elasticsearch.bat file from the "C:\elasticsearch-7.12.0\bin" writes the above errors.

Also, I DO NOT have JAVA_HOME or ES_JAVA_HOME variables (as in the documentation was not mentioned to set them up).

P.S. I saw that similar questions in past were closed without a single comment. Hope your support team works better today.

Thanks

Where exactly are you getting this error?

In CMD, when running the elasticsearch.bat

Can you post the entire command you are running as well as any output after it?

C:\ElasticSearch\7.12\elasticsearch-7.12.0\bin>elasticsearch.bat
Error: Could not find or load main class org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker

Also, found on some forum to add this line in the elasticsearch-env.bat file:

echo %JAVA% -cp "%ES_CLASSPATH%" "org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker"

Thus the whole result is:

C:\ElasticSearch\7.12\elasticsearch-7.12.0\bin>elasticsearch.bat
"C:\ElasticSearch\7.12\elasticsearch-7.12.0\jdk\bin\java.exe" -cp "C:\ElasticSearch\7.12\elasticsearch-7.12.0\lib\*" "org.elasticsearch.tools.java_version_checker.JavaVersionChecker"

This shows where the JAVA was found.
The C:\ElasticSearch\7.12\elasticsearch-7.12.0 folder is unzipped downloaded archive without any modifications.

@warkolm , please come back! :slight_smile:

I see that the problem was resolved with version 7.13.0. Strange that didn't see anything about it in the release notes.

Anyway thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.