Vertical Bar - sort by field1, color by field2

Hi,

I’m trying to create a vertical bar that presents tests, their start time, name and status.

I want it to be sorted by date (field name: e2e_test_start_time), colored by status (e2e_test_status_str), and on mouse hover over one of the bars, I would like the test name to be written there as well as the start time and status.

It should look something like this (red-yellow bars should be red only):

I’ve tried doing so, but I couldn’t get the result I wanted.
I first sorted it by date (1), and then added sub-bucket (split series) with Terms aggregation on my status field. it did color the bars by status like I wanted, but it also caused the bars to be sorted by status and only then by date (2).

What can I do to make this work?
Is it possible to do so in Vertical Bar, or in another visualization / known plugin?

My requests again:
• All bars should be sorted by date (and only by date)
• Each bar should be colored based on its status
• Mouse hover should show: time, status and name (I do not want the name and status to interfere with the data sorting)

Thanks,
Ziv

1:

2:

@zivklara

I don't think I fully understand.

From that second screenshot, the bars are sorted by date, isn't that what you are looking for?

As for the tooltip showing the required fields, that is not entirely supported. You can submit a feature request for that here https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/new

Thanks for the response :slight_smile:
In the second screenshot, the bars are sorted by date, but they are sorted per status.
For example, the last green bar's date is April 30 21:26, the first yellow bar's date is April 30 13:29.
That first yellow bar should appear long before that last green bar (it should be between the 6th and 7th green bars).

oh, I see now thanks.

I think this is the same issue as this one: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/14536

Could you review and comment if so?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.