View a Kibana dashboard without login

Is it possible to set up a Kibana dashboard so that it can be embedded in an IFrame on my website and not require the user to log in to Kibana to view it?

I'm running Kibana version 6.5.4

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @tonybh,

It will be easier once we implement this https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/18331, but for now the common way of achieving this is setting up a proxy in front of Kibana that would pass required credentials, see this and aforementioned issue for details.

Best,
Oleg

Many thanks for your rapid response, Oleg.

Any ideas on timescales for implementing that issue?

To me it seems like a fundamental piece of functionality that your users are struggling with.

I followed a couple of links on that page, and I'm staggered, really. I mean, asking your visitors to provide a log in to be able to see a graph? At what point should you realise that perhaps Kibana isn't the best solution?

2 Likes

Any ideas on timescales for implementing that issue?

We don't have concrete timelines currently, but feel free to leave a comment with your use cases on the mentioned issue, it would definitely help us to prioritize this work.

I followed a couple of links on that page, and I'm staggered, really. I mean, asking your visitors to provide a log in to be able to see a graph?

Well, I agree that having anonymous access would work much better and it will be done eventually. But for the time being, what's wrong with well-known and battle-tested setup where you set up a special read-only (supporting dashboard only mode if needed) website-visitor user and spinning up a simple ngnix-like proxy that will do the login part on behalf of the user? You're enabling Security in your particular Kibana instance for a reason after all, right? :slight_smile:

Best,
Oleg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.