Displaying a dashboard via iframe without anonymous user access enabled

Hi,

I'm trying to display a dashboard in an iframe. My Kibana instance is required to use basic auth. I've setup a user specifically for this purpose.

I've tried setting up anonymous access but I don't want just anyone to be able to access the dashboard. And other users having to click on an auth method is a cumbersome solution.

Is there any way to use credentials in an iframe? I've read about setting up and nginx reverse proxy with headers containing user/pass but I'd rather simplify the solution rather than adding another piece.

How does everyone else do this without enabling anonymous auth and using a "service account"

Currently on 8.14.3

Thanks for any input.

Besides external procedures like the one you mentioned, only anonymous access and Single Sign-On mechanisms (SAML, OpenID) allow users to log in to an embedded Kibana without the login interface.

More details are available in this section of the documentation

Thank you for the response, I've read that doc more times than I can count.

So, second question....is there a way to login within the URL? I think I read somewhere that it isn't possible with xpack.

Thanks

you cant desactivate xpack.security in the new version of elasticsearch 8.X . you should pay money to have the option of integrating an sso , saml , oidc .
if you dont pay money you have only the option of anonymous authentication.

Same :sweat_smile:

Not that I'm aware.