Visualising

So, I have managed to get data into elastic, in this case cpu, and uptime. What I want now is to display the latest cpu and uptime value for each host.

I have gone into dashboard visualise and created a table with host name and latest value option for the above indexes, but they appear as dashes. i have tried the same for disk space and disk used, but this is complicated by having multiple disks per host, so was going to start with the simpler option.

I have also read about transforms, and have tried to find an example in Transform examples | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic but couldn't seem to make that work.

This is another case of me not knowing what I am doing, but was really hoping displaying data would have been a little easier than getting it into elastic in the first place.

An extra added value is to change the uptime from ms to days, and hopefully display the last reboot date/time. I think I've worked out converting to days, but cannot check due to the above issues. Is it possible to that have an extra column that displays the date and time of the last restart/reboot?

if you put a filter on my.field.name : * does the value show up? You can get the dash because the median will return the most prevalent value...and many times (especial for metricbeat) there's multiple event.dataset's in a single index. I opened this issue to update the default to make it easier to use! [Lens] Filter last value fields by default · Issue #113140 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

where am I putting this filter? I have seen values in the field depending on the display type that I chose.

try filtering the metric itself - it's under "advanced options" -

thanks, this has worked.

If I understand the filter gets rid of null rows, and then the latest will be a valid row.

maybe latest_value_not_empty would be a useful additional feature.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.