Visualization of data

Hi

I am starting with Kibana, so the questions i will raise should be very basic. Apologies for that. Any reference or doc is welcome :slight_smile:

I have a json that has different levels nested. For example

{ "A": [
{ "colour: "red", "name": "John"},
{ "colour: "white", "name": "Mark"},
{ "colour: "blue", "name": "Mike"},
{ "colour: "red", "name": "Ann"},
]
}

I am trying to display in a pie chart the different colours. I expect to see a section with white (1), another with blue (1), and another with red (2)

How can i display this? I am displaying by count, and i have 3 sectors, one for each colour

Thanks

Kibana doesn't really support Elasticsearch's nested field type, so if those are really nested documents that might be an issue. If you're just trying to split a pie chart by the A.colour field and want a slice that represents the count that represents the count of documents with A.colour === 'red' and so on then you would want to use the terms aggregation type on the A.colour field. Can you show a screenshot of what you've got going so far?

My json is as stupid as this

{
"name": "javi",
"cars":
[
{
"make": "ferrari", "model": "f40"
},
{
"make": "ferrari", "model": "f50"
},
{
"make": "honda", "model": "civic"
},
{
"make": "nissan", "model": "almera"
},
{
"make": "ferrari", "model": "f1-2017"
},
{
"make": "mercedes", "model": "class A"
},
{
"make": "Seat", "model": "Ibiza"
}
]
}

I want to display with a vertical bar that Javi has 3 ferraris, 1 honda, 1 mercedes, 1 nissan and 1 seat

I have attached the graph... not too much luck by now. I have 7 bars for each occurence

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.