Visualizations and time filter

Hi,

This is such a broad topic and I'm guessing the answer is that this can't be done because of how the index has been setup.

Basically, imagine an index in kibana that has an order_date_time field set as the time filter.

For sake of simplicity, say the dashboard contains two visualizations of the same metric:

one that contains a count of all orders placed until now
one that contains a count of all orders placed until now but with the visualization tied to a different date - say the last 24 hours

Some orders will be delivered (well, hopefully all!) and when they do, the document gets updated with a delivered_date_time value.

Ideally what I'd like is to in a single dashboard be able to view

how many orders have been placed in total
how many orders have been placed in the last 24 hours (both of those are fine)
how many orders have been delivered in total (also fine)
how many orders have been delivered in the last 24 hours

that last one can't be done as far as I can tell but I'm hoping someone will tell me that it can.

When I tie the orders delivered component to a a different time filter it will automatically use the time filter that the index was created on so short of creating a second index and using the delivered_date_time as the time filter.

Is that really the only way this can be achived?

Thank you for your kind help

Hi Magnus,

I think you should be able to accomplish this using TVSB (Time Series Visual Builder). Each metric layer added to a TSVB chart can have Index pattern and Time field overrides in the "Options" tab.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.