Visualizations getting reordered in dashboard

Hello list,

I am facing an issue where dashboards with several visualizations are getting reordered across sessions (even after saving). The visualizations end up in a completely random order. Is this a known issue? Any way to remediate this?
This is Kibana 4.3.0
Firefox: 44.0.2
Chrome: 48.0.256.116

This is slowing down our team's workflow pretty bad.

Any thoughts/help?

Thanks

mad_min, sorry you're experiencing this problem! It might be related to a known issue we're tracking: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/2138

I hit it myself on occasion, and I find it very frustrating. The only workaround I've seen is to remove and re-add the visualization position of which is not being saved.

Beyond this, please feel free to weigh in on the issue about with specifics of what you're seeing.

Thanks @tbragin. Will try out your suggestion. Can you confirm if it is always one panel that is causing this re-ordering? Then its a matter of finding that one? I ask because the order seems to get completely randomized, true, this could happen due to one culprit.

Any ETA on the fix?

This is quite critical for us because we have several dashboards (10s) tracking a total of 100s of visualizations organized by several characteristics accessed by 20+ members.

Thanks again.

The cases I've seen personally resulted from one visualization moving and in the process reordering others. However, if that's not what you're experiencing, i'd love it if you added it as a comment to that issue. A short gif video showing what happens would be great and if you have a couple of sample documents and a dashboard/vis/saved_search config you could share for repro purposes, it could help.

We upgraded this issue to P1 last week, so my hope is that we can focus on it soon -- it's behind a couple of other more urgent P1 issues at the moment.

Hello @tbragin, sorry could not respond sooner as I was traveling. Let me track this issue again. Seems like some members of my team could be seeing different incarnations of this issue when they are creating personal dashboards. Let me aggregate all and share. It might be difficult to share a video because the data we are tracking is proprietary, will try to find something generic that I could share. Appreciate moving this issue to P1.

Thanks.

1 Like