Visualize grouped endpoints excluding unique IDs

Hi I'm trying to get a visualization of the count of endpoints hit in a timeframe. My issue is that when I add my url.path feild to the visualization it displays like this (as an example)

/rest/endpoint/8372812
/rest/endpoint/3781293

What I would like to happen is that I get the total count of records excluding the ID that's in the url so instead of the above showing 2 seperate results I would see it all grouped as

/rest/endpoint/

I've tried using the exclude field and I've tried using the filter but I just can't get it to display what I need, is this possible? can anyone help please? Thanks!

Anyone have any insight on this, I'd imagine it's quite a common thing to want to do

In order to do this you would have to split that url.path in a root and an id field, preferably at ingest time. But if you want to see that it works you can do that in a runtime field.

Thanks @Marius_Dragomir , are there any docs you could point too that would help explain and implement your solution here?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.